Sapodilla is a fruit tree favored by most Vietnamese people because of its sweet taste and nutritional value. So, what are the best types of sapodilla on the market today? Let's take a look at the most popular delicious sapodilla varieties with Roots today!
Xuan Dinh sapodilla - The most delicious variety of sapodilla, Ha Thanh specialty
If you are one of the followers of sapodilla; You must have heard of Xuan Dinh sapodilla variety. This is considered the most delicious sapodilla of all sapodilla varieties on the market today. Derived from Xuan Dinh, Bac Tu Liem, Hanoi; Xuan Dinh persimmon is also considered a specialty of Ha Thanh similar to Nhat Tan peach, Dien pomelo.
This most delicious variety of sapodilla has its own distinctive characteristics, which are different from others. The leaves are rather short and glossy green; The fruit is tapered, has a conical shape and is quite similar to a filling. The bark of the sapodilla is very thin and has an earthy yellow color. In particular, Xuan Dinh sapodilla is considered a precious specialty of the capital's people; because it has a sweet and mild taste. Sapodilla fruit is succulent, has no resin and does not have sand like other sapodilla varieties.
Among the delicious sapodillas sold on the market, Xuan Dinh sapodilla is said to be the most delicious. Ripe persimmons have earthy yellow skins; The meat is tender and juicy and has a sweet and refreshing taste. You can buy to eat directly or make Sapoche smoothie Delicious and nutritious for the family.
Xuan Dinh sapodilla has 2 main crops in a year. The main crop will usually fall around March and the Siamese season around July. Although it is the main crop, the Xuan Dinh sapodilla fruit harvested in March is usually not as delicious as the Siamese crop. Because, in the summer time of July; Sapodilla fruit will be exposed to a lot of sunlight. From there, more honey is stored, so it is often more delicious and sweet than the main crop. For the same reason, the price of sapodilla in July is always higher than in March.
Mango sapodilla - The most delicious variety of sapodilla grown in the South
Mango persimmon is a delicious variety that has just been imported to Vietnam, has many advantages and is grown most in the southern region. This new sapodilla variety is very easy to live with and has few pests and diseases. Therefore, it is easy for growers to identify mango sapodilla through some of the following characteristics:
- The fruit is large and oval in shape. The pods are quite smooth and pale yellow.
- When ripe, the fruit is very stretchy, has few seeds and no grit.
- The leaves of mango sapodilla are glossy green; Curved and longer than Xuan Dinh sapodilla.
Thai red sapodilla - The most delicious and newest variety of sapodilla today
Red-core sapodilla originating in Thailand is the latest delicious sapodilla variety today. The fruit of this variety is very large, elongated; and inside the fruit has a red flesh that looks very eye-catching. Sapodilla fruit has a mild sweet taste and a unique and unique aroma.
The price of this Thai sapodilla is also more expensive than Xuan Dinh sapodilla and mango sapodilla. Therefore, you need to know the difference between this Thai sapodilla and other varieties to avoid being deceived. You can distinguish red-fleshed sapodilla from other types through leaf characteristics. Red-core sapodilla has large leaf blades and clearly prominent veins; It looks quite similar to the leaves of chicken eggs.
4 signs to help you choose the best sapodilla variety
Not just a delicious fruit tree, sapodilla Also rich in nutrients. However, to choose the sweet, fragrant fruit; When eating is not acrid or crunchy, you should note:
- Sapodilla must be really ripe, when eaten, it will be delicious and sweet. If the fruit is still green, it will be very acrid and inedible. To make sure the persimmon is ripe, you can gently squeeze it to see if it's "soft" or not. If the fruit is still hard, it means that the persimmon is not yet ripe; So when you buy it, you can't eat it right away, but you need to wait a little longer to eat it.
- Another way to tell if a persimmon is ripe is to smell it. When the persimmon is ripe, it will give off a characteristic aroma and sweet aroma. However, you should also be careful not to buy overripe fruit because the meat will be browned, have a wine taste and be sour.
- Color: You should choose fruits with yellow-brown skin color because these are persimmons that are picked when they are almost ripe. The fruit with yellow-green skin is usually "young" pink, when eaten, it will be less delicious.
- Shape: The oval-shaped, long-stemmed fruits are usually sweet and low in fiber. Round-shaped fruits will have many seeds and are not as delicious.
Above are the sharing of the most delicious sapodilla varieties today. If you do not know which to choose, hopefully this article will help you choose the most delicious sapodilla for your family. Access to website by Roots – organic food store reputation; to order sapodilla and varieties fruit other quality.