Among mango varieties in Vietnam, Hoa Loc mango can be called the "king" of mangoes. Because it has a delicious, sweet taste, unique aroma, medium grain, and thick pulp, it is popular with consumers. However, in order to recognize, distinguish as well as how to choose a good standard Cat Hoa Loc mango; Housewives must follow the following article to know more about the characteristics of Cat Hoa Loc mango.
Where does Cat Hoa Loc mango come from?
Before coming to the Hoa Loc sand mango distinction; you should know about its origin. This is a fruit tree variety originating in Hoa Loc commune, Tien Giang province. Since then, people have given it the name Cat Hoa Loc mango; and this fruit became a specialty of the region Mekong Delta.
Cat Hoa Loc mango has an elongated shape, round body, round stalk, and pointed tip. When ripe, the pods are bright yellow, thin, covered with a fine white powder; and is "made up" more dark brown with small round spots.
How to distinguish Cat Hoa Loc mango
Recognizing Cat Hoa Loc mangoes by shape
There are many ways for you to choose delicious Cat Hoa Loc mango. And the simplest way is based on the shape of the type fruit this specialty. As stated earlier:
- Hoa Loc sand mango has an elongated shape, the upper left corner is sharp and clearly curved.
- About 1cm from the left tail, you will clearly see a concave navel called the mango navel.
- The mango cheeks are round and the mango pulp is very thick.
- The upper part right next to the mango stalk is elongated, not concave.
- Large size, very sturdy and heavy hand. Each fruit weighs from 450g to 700g.
Distinguishing Cat Hoa Loc mangoes by color
When buying Hoa Loc mango, you should also pay attention to the color of the fruit.
- When still green: The skin of Hoa Loc sand mango has a very beautiful turquoise color. There are small dots on the peel, the mango stalk is thick and very firm.
- When the fruit is ripe: The peel gradually turns to light lemon color; then gradually turns to dark yellow. Small spots that turn black are when the mango is ripe and sweetest. If you choose the fruits with an even yellow color, the better.
Distinguishing Cat Hoa Loc mangoes by their distinctive aroma
- When Cat Hoa Loc mango is still green, the fruit will not have the same aroma as other mangoes; So if you smell it, it will be difficult to recognize.
- Cat Hoa Loc mango when ripe has a very unique sweet taste that is difficult to confuse with other mangoes.
- When the mango is ripe, the skin is thinner and has a sweet but very light aroma.
Identify Hoa Loc sand mango by mango meat
- Cat Hoa Loc mango flesh is flexible, soft, fragrant, very sweet and not hard like other mangoes. When cutting the mango, the flesh of the mango is yellow, the taste is very sweet, and the mango cheeks are very thick.
- Green mangoes are more sour and the flesh is not as pliable as ripe mangoes.
Distinguishing Cat Hoa Loc mangoes through the harvest season
The main mango harvest season is from March to May. To buy mangoes that are delicious, sweet and not mushy; you should buy mango at this point.
See more: Pros and cons of organic food
How to choose delicious Cat Hoa Loc mango
If you know how to distinguish Cat Hoa Loc mangoes; So how to choose delicious fruits next?
- Choose fresh Hoa Loc sand mango and feel the aroma at the stem.
- Mango has a firm grip without being soft or concave.
- The flesh around the stem is still firm and there are small black dots around the stem.
- Choose medium-sized fruits, weighing between 450 and 600g; Avoid small fruits as they may be unripe and not as tasty as overripe ones.
- Ripe fruit will be completely yellow, glossy and have a thin chalky layer.
How to keep mango fresh longer?
Most people like to eat ripe Cat Hoa Loc mango; Because when ripe, mangoes are very sweet and fragrant. But how to preserve Hoa Loc sand mango to keep its freshness for a long time is something not everyone knows. If you don't know yet, read on!
- Do not store mangoes in plastic bags because anaerobic conditions will make mango spoil quickly.
- You can keep mangoes in the fridge by wrapping them in newspaper and putting them in the fridge.
- With ripe mango can be washed, peeled, pureed and stored in a glass container or plastic bag in the freezer.
ROOTS hopes this article helps not only housewives; that everyone knows how to choose as well as distinguish Cat Hoa Loc mango from other mango varieties. And if you still don't know where to buy quality Cat Hoa Loc mangoes; Come to ROOTS – We specialize in providing foods, Organic fruit. Access website: https://roots.vn/ Or call Hotline: 082 333 6868 for advice and order!